Easter is love

'Maybe it's because of the nature for my work, or simply because I think it matters, I speak often with Francisca about what is happening around the world. We often talk about famine, refugees from Syria, the dance of the Peul in Niger, where men and women have different roles in society compared to what we are used to, among other things ... to tell the truth I think sometimes I may exaggerate a little, even 'editing' the information ... I realize this when, every now and then she replies to me 'I know mom!' while rolling her eyes. But she also surprises me with 'yes mother, a civil war', when we are talking about something like Crimea's conflict and I explain it, in a very simple way and avoiding to go into detail (I'm not that crazy, nor I  believe I have a small Einstein at home!).

Today is Easter Sunday, we talked about Easter, beyond a rabbit that might lay eggs! ahah I'm kidding, I was once a child too and enjoyed these stories that no one knows well how to explain its origins ... but today we talked about the genesis of this festivity, starting with the Passover (Pessach), the Jewish celebration and Easter Christian celebration ... I explained to her, that for Christians was when Jesus died and rose again ( She believes in a a rabbit that lays eggs, but imagining the rise of Christ is complicated and immediately afterwards I was asked why Vava (name given to my mother, her grandmother) did not rise as well ...!

The conversation-lengthened and became eventually more complicated for me, as you can imagine ... I ended it with the love explanation, such as Christmas, Easter is a celebration of love, love of family, love for God (to those who believe) ... love of friends, children, and the sacrifices we make for love, which would not be so important without love ... so Easter is love ... She smiled and said 'we're so lucky, whom does not have love has nothing and whoever has family, has everything .'

|Páscoa é amor | 

Talvez pelo meu trabalho, ou simplesmente porque acho importante, falo com a Francisca constantemente sobre o que se passa no mundo. Falamos muitas vezes sobre fome no mundo, dos refugiados da Síria, da dança dos Peuls no Niger onde os homens e mulheres têm papeis diferentes dos que estamos habituados, entre tantas outras coisas...para dizer a verdade penso que ás vezes até exagero um pouco, mesmo 'editando' a informação...sei disso porque de vez em quando me diz ' já sei mãe!' enquanto quase que revira os olhitos, ou então surpreende-me  com 'sim mãe, uma guerra civil', quando estamos a falar de algo como a questão da Crimeia e eu explico de uma forma bastante simples e para não entrar em detalhes (também não sou nem doida nem tenho a mania de que tenho uma pequena Einstein à força cá em casa!).

Hoje, é Domingo de Páscoa, falamos sobre a Páscoa, e o que é para além de um coelho que talvez ponha ou não ovos! ahah estou a brincar, também fui criança e alinho nestas histórias que ninguém sabe bem explicar como surgiram...mas hoje falamos na génese desta festa, começando pelo Pessach, celebração Judaica e pela Páscoa celebração Cristã...ao começar expliquei-lhe que para os Cristãos foi quando Jesus morreu e ressuscitou (acredita num coelho que põe ovos, mas perceber o ressuscitar foi complicado porque logo de seguida me perguntou porque é que a Vava (Nome dado à minha mãe, sua avó) não ressuscitou... !!

A conversa alongou-se e complicou-se para o meu lado, podem imaginar...rematei a conversa com a explicação do amor, que tal como o Natal, a Páscoa é uma festa de amor, amor pela família, amor por Deus (quem acredita)...amor pelos amigos, filhos, e os sacrifícios que fazemos por amor, que não seriam tão importantes sem amor...por isso Páscoa é amor...sorriu e disse 'temos tanta sorte, quem não tem amor não tem nada  quem tem família, tem tudo.'...



















amniotico

Sónia is the founder and writer of Amniotico- Parenting, Travel and Tales. She began this blog in 2005 with two posts about parenting, the year she had daughter Francisca. Then life happened. Now since 2014 with a whole new focus on Parenting and Travel. Sonia is also an international Human Rights and Elections expert and as such has worked with the United Nations and European Union in many parts of the globe, including conflict and war torn countries while being a single mom!